Saturday, May 20, 2006

RIP

As my friend Joel and I made our way through the heartland of the country last March, we passed through the heart of Oklahoma. The goal of our trip was a visit to the meteorological hotbed of Norman, but my aunt lived a couple of hours to the southwest in Lawton, so I gave her a call to see if she wanted to meet us in Oklahoma City, or somewhere nearby. After a game of phone tag, we decided that she wouldn't be able to make the trip to Oklahoma City, and we didn't want to lose 4 hours of our eventual trip to Dallas and beyond.
"I understand, I wouldn't have changed my plans either, but thanks for thinking of me," Margaret assured us.
Sadly, Margaret passed away this morning. Coupled with the passing of my cousin's husband, Pete, this has been a trying time for my family, but as I believe Margaret and Pete would have wanted, the family and myself with continue plugging away. We don't want to change our plans for life, despite the tragedies that have befallen us. But we will always think of them.

If you wish to pay your respects, please do so by donating to the American Cancer Society or Mothers Against Drunk Driving.

(The Times will be off until Thursday)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home