Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Cooking with Ryan: Salmon Chowder and Pineapple Bran Muffins

Wow, sounds disgusting, right? I am hear to tell you... it wasn't that bad. The real problem, if you ask me, was the fact that I drink skim milk. I will get to that in a minute.
This was my second soup in a row, the first a minestrone before my vacation. This chowder consisted of potatoes, zucchini, onions and the salmon, while the broth was a simple combination of milk, water, ranch dressing, relish, basil, garlic salt and pepper. As it cooked, it seeped into the vegetables and the fish.
But it didn't thicken. Hence the problem with the skim milk. It wasn't that rich chowdery consistency that I would have hoped for. But taken independently, the contents of the soup were flavorful.
Oh, and the muffins? You have to be a special kind of dense to screw up muffins. Thems were tasty muffins. Here is a peek at the finished product.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home