Saturday, July 16, 2011

Cooking with Ryan: Chop Suey?

There is a question mark at the end, because I'm not sure what to call it. The site that I found the recipe from called it "jicama chick-ama" which is dumb and not a real thing. It started with a stir fry of jicama (a starchy vegetable akin to a potato, if a potato was the size of a volleyball) and some vegetables, so I was thinking "stir fry!".
Then, it called for a sauce based on orange juice, lemon juice and hoisin sauce, and frankly, there was way too much sauce for it to be a stir fry, and it almost seemed like chop suey, like the title says. But then, as I said, it was a citrus sauce, which isn't very chop suey-like. So I don't know.
The vegetable profile, with the carrots and celery, as well as the jicama, which read like giant water chestnuts, plus the chicken definitely reminded me of chop suey, so that's what I'm calling it.
Here is a picture.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home