Saturday, May 07, 2011

Cooking with Ryan: Ginger Pork Chops


Two words: Restaurant quality. Seriously, these chops were good eatin'. I don't want you to think that this is because I am a good cook or anything, as this was all in the recipe. It took a shot in the oven then the glaze did the rest. It was a ginger glaze, but the bulk of it was honey and soy sauce, providing the perfect salty and sweet combo. Great stuff. I whipped some potatoes and cooked some peas with boiled onions as side dishes. It was a lot of food, to be sure, but worth every bite.
Now, this is a boring story about a good meal I had one time without a foible along the way. I made two chops, as it turned out, with the plan to save one for lunch the next day. I took the dish out of the oven and put it on my stove top to cool off before throwing it in the refrigerator. After eating, I came back to the kitchen to clean up, to find the glaze bubbling and pretty much charred to bits. I forgot to turn off one of the burners.... and it happened to be the one I put the oven dish on. I kept cooking everything while I ate. I think I am 0/all time when cooking without mistakes. Oh well, good stuff. Ginger pork chops.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home