Friday, January 14, 2011

The Divisional Round; A preview

Last week, I gave a quick little blurb about every game for the wild card weekend. I thought it might be nice if I carried that through to the Super Bowl. I should note that I went 1/4 last weekend. Oops.

Baltimore Ravens at Pittsburgh Steelers: I have been extraordinarily impressed by the Steelers this year. Even without a quarterback for the first quarter of the season, the Steelers just kept winning. They have had injuries on the line and in the secondary, and they keep plugging away. In short, they are just a complete team that can recover from a weakness in a major area of team Barring a complete collapse, they should win this game. Of course, when  they do lose, it's because a team-wide collapse. They won't do that at home against the Ravens.
Pick:

Green Bay Packers at Atlanta Falcons: I know how hard it can be for teams to overcome injuries. Some of them struggle for a little while to come back and then it seems like they aren't missing anyone.The Packers are that team. They really languished as someone new every week went down,  but now they are strong, playing as a cohesive unit once again. It's the team that I picked to go to the Super Bowl early on this year. That said, I think the Falcons will win, but if the Packers DO win, I think they go to the Super Bowl.
Pick:

Seattle Seahawks at Chicago Bears: I am going to take that as a personal victory, picking the Seahawks to put up a fight against the Saints. That said, I am just as adamantly picking the Seahawks to not put up much fight against the Bears. I think it will be like, 20-6 with a Hester touchdown and a defensive touchdown. Or something like that. I don't trust Cutler in a big spot, but I do trust the defense and special teams for the Bears.
Pick:

New York Jets at New England Patriots: This is the week's Chiefs/Ravens. I expect an absolute bloodbath. The Jets were handed victory by the Colts, and are simply no match for a far superior team on the road. The Jets are doing a lot of talking, while the Pats are doing a lot of preparing. The Pats could probably do a little film study on the Steelers or Ravens if they wanted to, if the game is going to go as I expect. There is no facet of the game where I think the Jets are a better team.
Pick:

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home