Saturday, January 01, 2011

Cooking with Ryan: Fried Rice

This wasn't so much a lesson in technique (I mean, I used Rice a Roni, for heavens sake) but more or less a reminder that prepackaged food is still good, so stop being so snooty, and a lesson in what tastes good together. This particular iteration of fried rice involved some broccoli slaw, shredded carrots, chicken, corn and scrambled eggs.
The thing that stuck out for me with this little cooking adventure was how heavy it was. No, it didn't sit heavily in my stomach (maybe a little) but when it was done in the skillet, it was just really heavy. I had a tough time transporting it to the plate just holding onto the handle.
It tasted pretty fantastic, though, which is good news since there was so much of it. It could have used a little more salt, but worse things have been said about food, especially food I cooked, and it's very easily remedied. Thanks to my pal Megan for sending the recipe my way.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i luv the Chicken Fried Rice

11:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home