Friday, December 24, 2010

Cooking with Ryan: Pork Noodle Stir Fry

I have to say, just looking at the title of this post, it doesn't sound appetizing. But it sure was! My last attempt at Asian cuisine was an unmitigated disaster (unless you count the pilaf, which was simply disappointing) but I learned an important lesson. Use a delicate touch when using corn starch to thicken sauce, and if using Italian pasta noodles, remember to rinse the starch off, otherwise everything ends up gooey. Also don't cook the noodles too early. So with this wisdom in mind, I was pouring my sauce over the vegetables in the wok (I bought a wok!) when I realized that I had forgotten to add water. There was nothing to thicken.
Oh well, the sauce was still all right. It was supposed to have a "citrus salad dressing" in it. What?! I looked and looked and ended up purchasing the only close semblance I could find at Cub, a lemon tarragon thing. Is there something else out there I should have gone with? I don't know my salad dressings, I guess. One other thing I wish I had done was added more pork. Pork is a tasty slab of meat. Also tasty? The bell peppers. I usually am left to get the picked over, nasty peppers at the grocery store, but not this time. I have never seen such colorful, firm, delectable vegetables. The red pepper looked almost like an apple.
Anyways, here is what my culinary creation looked like.
I should hire someone to dress these plates so they look better when I take the picture.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home