Sunday, December 19, 2010

Cooking with Ryan: Chicken Cacciatore

That, of course, is the chicken cacciatore hovering in space on a plate my mom's weird friend got me as a housewarming gift. Anywho, for those that don't know, chicken cacciatore is a tomato based braised chicken dish that usually has some onions and mushrooms (gross) and whatnot with it, cooked in wine. There were a few tweaks in my recipe, including using red wine vinegar in lieu of red wine, and some sugar instead of say, oregano (almost the same thing) which made the dish sweet, almost barbecuey. It was perhaps the best thing I've ever made. A lot of it had to do with the chicken being as moist as it was. That's steamed broccoli and a couple of slices of French bread there on the plate with it. Fancy, right?
Anyways, I made a pound of chicken and had some leftovers. I nuked it at work at Real Job Inc. the other day. It smells pretty good, and it earned me a lot of questions, including one of my coworkers asking if I could make it for her some time. So, there you go, guys. If you are hard up for a date, learn how to make chicken cacciatore, it might just be an aphrodisiac.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home