Friday, December 17, 2010

It's the story that keeps on giving!

I love it when I get to break out the "Winona" tag again, because it always has to do with the same person, one Ben Repinski. If you haven't read the story, do yourself a story and read it. To summarize, a 12 year old girl got drunk at a party, Mr. Repinski was drunker and got her to drive him home. Hard to believe though it may be, things did not end well.
I pretty much relayed what the Star Tribune said in their article, but I have now received 2 comments on it (that I have, through Google Analytics, determined to probably be Ben Repinski himself and Daniel Arndt, previously known as Sunglass Moped Guy... or perhaps one of them is the 12 year old girl) that have called into question the accuracy of my post. Or rather, in the words of this morning's anonymous comment:
"So reading through this story and realizing YOUR story is a FAKE. Made up parts!!! I wouldn't read anything else from the Victoria Times. Get your ^#$& story straight before reporting it. Isn't that your job?"
First, and as I say to all of my commenters, thanks for stopping by! Second off, let's see what parts I may have made up:
- Benjamin Repinski may not actually go by Ben
- Repinski may not have been smart enough to know that he needed a ride home, and instead of asking, he demanded the 12 year old to drive him home
- I misspelled sign, somehow.
Other than that, I pretty much went word for word from the Star Tribune! Your issue isn't with me, friends.
Also, I would just like to point out that this is a blog, not really a source for news for most people. Most smart people. The type of people that don't get into cars with drunk 12 year olds, or get plowed, throw on a pair of shades then hop on their moped.
That said, two angry comments in, I still haven't heard what actually did happen, but a lot of angry comments about what the leading newspaper in Minnesota said DID happen that fateful night. Please, tell all of our readers what actually went down that night! E-mail me at Thevictimes@gmail.com and we'll get this all straightened out!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Loser Domi said...

I just realized i made a comments about Minnesota winters on the original post. I read the post in December, not realizing the post was originally written much earlier. I guess *I* am the Douche Bag.

12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home