Friday, October 29, 2010

Cooking with Ryan: Fish Provencal

I'm really upset that the picture for this one didn't save properly, ad I don't have visual evidence of the beautiful plate this turned out to be. It was white fish, which I have never had before, but was similar to walleye, baked in a pan full of tomatoes, onions and yellow bell peppers. It was very colorful. I drizzled lemon juice over it all and seasoned it a little bit (I had never used thyme before last night). Can anyone figure out what some problems with this arrangement may have been?
That's right, the tomatoes + lemon juice all pooling at the bottom with the fish... it got a little mushy. Any recipe for fist always says "bake until flaky" but when the fist is sopping wet, things go a little differently. It still tasted fine, it still had that Mediterranean flare to it that I think the recipe was going for, which is sort of ironic since white fish eaten here is probably fished from the Great Lakes.
For those wondering, Provencal means "of Provence" the region in far southeastern France. I guess they eat stuff like this in southeastern France. If you wanted to say it, I would be OK if you said that I was a French chef.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home