Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Hey, I have the World Series off!


For the first time in many, many moons, I actually get to watch the World Series this year. In fact, I think it's probably the first time since my early years in High School, after which I got a job that would more than likely keep me at work during World Series night games after school. Even since I've graduated, I work the night shift so often that I never get a chance to watch as many of the key sports events that I would like. But this year, I have the entire series off. No, I didn't count on the Twins in the World Series (I did, but I have the time off for my upcoming trip to San Diego), but I will be off for the entire series.
I'm really glad at how it turned out, with Texas and San Francisco in it. Good teams that are long struggling, with fan bases that will appreciate a success. Neither city has ever brought the World Series trophy home. The State of Texas has never even seen the trophy, and didn't even send a team to the World Series until 2005. Even so, these aren't teams that are going to completely blow themselves up at the end of the season, and they got themselves where they are through diligence and careful planning, rather than one big purse opening. It reminds me of the early 90s when the Twins and Blue Jays were the dominant AL teams, strange though it may sound. I'm rooting for the Rangers, I guess, but I'll enjoy the games either way.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home