Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Jason Repko: The next Lew Ford?


Let's see...
- Career minor leaguer befor becoming a more regular fixture as a fourth outfielder in the Twins lineup.
- Successful in his first season in that role.
- Providing a "spark"

Yep, those are all Lew Fordian. He hasn't burned himself with an iron though. Let's push further.
- "Gritty"
- Loved by Ron Gardenhire
- Should probably never be expected to produce like this ever again.

Let's just hope that we don't keep him in the lineup for the next 3 years and watch him take at bats from an up and coming star like Ben Revere or Aaron Hicks. But yay, Repko, I like him this season.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I got into it with some guys at work over this guy. They thought Span should sit and Repko should start. I said, I disagree. I think he is a good sub for Span when he needs a break, but not an everyday player.

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home