Saturday, July 31, 2010

Cooking with Ryan: Italian sausage skillet

Doesn't THAT look tasty?  I need to find some sort of food photographer, because I certainly haven't taken a picture that looks good yet. But trust me, this one was good.I haven't had a good set of days off lately, so my kitchen was sort of a mess before I got into making this. Have you ever had to clean your kitchen BEFORE making dinner, then cleaning it afterward? This is probably the worst part about living alone. I need busboys and dishwashers.
This was my second adventure with zucchini, and I have to say that this was much better than the zucchini fries. They pretty much lost all semblance of bitterness. They were first fried in the Italian sausage grease, then cooked with tomatoes, chiles, oregano, basil, pepper and a dash of sugar. You couldn't taste a thing except spice. They were nice for texture though.
I really enjoyed the Italian sausage though (insert joke here). It was delightfully spicy and I felt like a Food Network chef when I dumped the meat out of it's casing. I saw Giada do that! Of course, now I have about 4 links of the sausage in my freezer with nothing to do with it. Hmm.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home