Thursday, May 06, 2010

Target Field continues to be delightful

The experience at the Metrodome was always the same for me. Go inside, get yourself a Papa Johns mini pizza because the hot dogs were terrifying and the hamburgers induced gastrointestinal discomfort, to put it in more tasteful terms. I would get Sprite if I wasn't drinking beer, because Sprite survives as a soda by being the least offensive choice when Coke and Diet Coke are the only other available choices. The seats were hard plastic and the temperature was always cool and things were lit florescently. Every time, this is what I got.
I have now been to 2 games at the new ballpark, Target Field. In game one, I had a Tony O's Cuban Sandwich (delicious!) and a Pepsi (also delicious!). Game two, I had a bratwurst (delicious!) and another Pepsi (still delicious!). The seats in my section are cushioned with wooden backs. There are also plastic seats in some areas, and fully cushioned seats if you want to fork over that much money. The first game I went to was cool, but the sun was out, so it eventually felt warm and I got a sun burn. Today, it was down right chilly, it was cloudy and there were a few drips of rain, with some driving rain as I waited for the bus home. The fans when it was sunny were boisterous and really into it. Almost obnoxious. Today was much more mellow in terms of fanhood.
What am I trying to say? I'm trying to say that from game to game, going to the stadium is an entirely different experience at Target Field, whereas the trips to the Metrodome were staid, especially when you had been there several times. From game to game, you are going to have fun, and every game it's going to be for a different reason.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home