Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Your Star Tribune comics power rankings

I get the daily Star Tribune, and I love the comics. I read the Comics Curmudgeon daily as well, so I can have an all encompassing appreciation of the funnies. That said, it's been far too long since we have had a power rankings post here, so I thought I would go ahead and rate the daily funnies, all 37 of them. Feel free to add your input in the comments.

F Minus - Funny and well drawn, I can't help but laugh almost every time
Pearls Before Swine - Funniest in the paper, but it can't pull off a visual gag like F-Minues
Get Fuzzy - Probably the funniest visually, but doesn't bring the punchlines like the previous two.
Buckles - A favorite for any dog lover
The Family Circus - Gets points for being the funniest of the legacy strips
Doonesbury
Dilbert
Sally Forth
One Big Happy
Zits
Judge Parker
Crankshaft
Peanuts
Blondie
Pickles
Baby Blues
Mother Goose and Grimm
Mark Trail
Hagar the Horrible
Dennis the Menace
Hi and Lois
Beetle Bailey
Heart of the City
Stone Soup
Arlo n Janis
Luann
For Better or for Worse
Garfield
Jump Start
Flying McCoys
Cul de Sac
Rip Haywire
Tundra- I will give it credit, in that it's toough to make 3 snowman jokes a week, but the manage
Argyle Sweater - I don't remember this strip really ever. That's not good.
Brilliant Mind of Edison Lee - If you are going to handle politics, at least try to do so with less confusing art
Knight Life - Sometimes it will have something funny, but it is just such poor artwork
Mister Boffo - Not well drawn, confusing, and not funny. Like many of my MS Paint jobs.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger thisisbeth said...

That cartoon you posted to lead off this article totally reminds me of a co-worker and his roommate. A fellow co-worker and I decided that they were going to start a greeting card company with a slogan, "When you really don't care and you want the other person to know."

7:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home