Sunday, February 28, 2010

I already miss the Olympics

Frankly, the Olympics fill me with more general emotion than any other sporting event. There is so much national pride, particularly during the opening ceremony. This is the one chance many of these athletes have to get on the international stage, so there is the relief upon 4 years of hard work becoming realized on the slopes or on the ice. The closing ceremonies are festive but at the same time melancholy, like a graduation party or the end of camp.
I totally want to do this. That said, when the 2014 Olympics roll around, I will be 30 (/dies inside) so there aren't many competitions I could participate in (although I hope Sochi has a better musical lineup than Vancouver. My goodness, Canada has some brutal musicians) I have a couple of ideas, but they all involve  my securing citizenship in another country.
1. Curling
It seems like the type of thing that you can get pretty good at with practice. It even seems like something I would enjoy and be able to participate in for years.
2. Two Man Luge
I can't imagine too many people would want to compete in this:
3. Cross country skiing
But one of the short race. I might need to get  citizenship in Burundi though, if I want to make a team.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home