Tuesday, January 19, 2010

At least someone is getting a raise.


Today is arbitration day in Minnesota. The Twins eligible for arbitration negotiated their new contracts so they didn't have to go to arbitration. As it turned out, every single one of those players got a raise. Hopefully I will be getting a raise this year too. Francisco Liriano nearly quadrupled his salary and is now making 1.6 million.
I would like to say that I'm complaining about professional athletes and their salaries but frankly, I'm more complainging about my job and how I'm not making 6 figures. And fans shouldn't worry about the Twins overpaying or anything. They are just following the rules the league has out there. What are you going to do?

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger thisisbeth said...

The last two sentences are sad.

It's true, the Twins have to play by the rules. It's just that the rules are stupid, and they would be hard to change at this point.

7:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home