Sunday, January 17, 2010

The train is derailing


While I have been talking about football, both college and professional lately, I have missed a troubling trend. It continued yesterday while the Colts were making their way to the AFC Championship Game. Purdue lost again. To Northwestern.
This marks the third straight loss for the Boilermakers since they started 14-0. At the beginning of the season, I said that I would be disappointed by anything but a trip to the Final Four. I said they were undoubtedly the best team in the Big Ten. Every positive thing that the Colts do is a pleasant surprise. Everything the Boilermakers have done lately fills me with dread. How could they fail me like this?
I have no explanation for this, only a hope that they can turn it around and play like the team that I know they are. If they don't, I may never be optimistic again.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home