Tuesday, November 10, 2009

So here I go

Last night, I honestly fell asleep on the couch as I was trying to think of something to say. I have stopped drinking pop when I am not at Real Job Inc, and I am tired all the time. Today though, I am writing a post about the first of my trips. I will be leaving a week from Thursday or Friday (depending) headed for Murfreesboro, Tennessee to take a look at the Arkansas State Red Wolves and the Middle Tennessee State Blue Raiders play some football.

The Red Wolves were the team I picked for this little adventure, so I will start there first. The Red Wolves are having an unfortunate season. They were tabbed to finish at the top of the division this year, but instead are 2-6 and 1-3 in conference. they have games remaining against Florida Atlantic, Middle Tennessee State, North Texas and Western Kentucky. Three of those games are very winnable, and a win in all four would make the team bowl eligible. The toughest test will come against Middle Tennessee State, the game I will be at. The only game they have really struggled was an early season matchup versus Nebraska, so they very well could be much better than their record indicates.

In Murfreesboro, the Blue Raiders have shown themselves to have an explosive offense. The Red Wolves have been stout defensively, but MTSU has scored 27 points or more in all of their wins, and sputtered to 14 or less in their losses. Things depend on Dwight Dasher, who leads the team in passing and rushing, having scored 22 total touchdowns. Like Arkansas State, the Blue Raiders' record may be somewhat misleading, simply because they have played the dregs of the conference so far, leaving the third and fourth place teams in the conference, as well as Arkansas State left on their schedule. They are already bowl eligible, but need to win out to have a shot at the conference championship.

One more team, I would like to check out is North Texas. As I mentioned a while back, I am actually going to the wrong game. The addition of Louisville to the schedule jimmied the times around for the Arkansas State schedule, so I ended up taking time off of work for what was supposed to be the 11th game of the season, and it turned into the 10th. Since I should be watching their game, I will preview them and give a recap of their game in a few weeks as well. The Mean Green of Texas are having a tough season. They are playing at the bottom of the Sun Belt, thanks in large part to atrocious defense. Even when they beat Western Kentucky, they allowed 49 points. Ever since their opening week win against Ball State, the lowest points allowed total that they have had has been 33 against Louisiana-Monroe. One highlight is running back Lance Dunbar, who has 13 touchdowns on the season.
So yeah, I'm all ready to head down to Tennessee. It will be a good trip, I think, and my first college football game in my plan for random road trips. I'm not sure how I am going to get there, or what my exact plan is quite yet. Perhaps I will leave on Thursday before the game so I can just leave the site to Beth that day. Not for a week though.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home