Friday, September 11, 2009

We were all like, 'Holy s**t'

No matter where you were 8 years ago today, when you retell the story, you say something like that. Most of the stories I hear of where people were or how they heard the news of September 11th, 2001 uses a line similar line. I was sleeping in ahead of the first exam in my college career. I got a phone call from one of my roomate's high school friends. He was in a panic, telling me to turn on the news, that planes were crashing all over the place. I turned on the TV.
I was like, "holy sh*t".
Someday, September 11th will have the same meaning as April 19th or December 7th. A day that horrible history happened. To think, there are 2nd graders who weren't even born yet when the horrible day unfolded 8 years ago. Children in elementary school are in high school or are themselves just now starting college. College freshmen have been out of school for four years.
While the progression of time is helping to heal some wounds, it hasn't healed all of them. Someday, everyone will be able to go through a September 11th without recounting the day in 2001 when everything changed. We aren't there quite yet. At least I'm not.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

I was studying in the basement of Loftsgard Hall at NDSU when I found out. I had a quiz in my next class and the teacher was so upset that he just let us leave after we finished the quiz. I went and checked a computer, and yeah, I was like "holy sh*t."

6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home