Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Who should the Timberwolves take?


I know Beth is our resident Timberwolves expert, but with the NBA Draft coming up on Thursday, and my interest in the NBA completely vanishing for the season on Friday, I thought I would figure out who the Wolves should pick. Not to make it a winning team, you see, but rather to gain my interest, if briefly.
Friends who follow the team are excited by the possibility of Memphis guard Tyreke Evans ending up with the team. I've never been a fan of Memphis, and while Evans might be a great player, the idea of having him on the team doesn't really blow my skirt up.
The idea I like, however, is the Wolves pursuing a different guard. How about Stephen Curry? Sure, he's almost certainly going to be a failure in the NBA. I just like the idea of such a media darling spending his winters in the tundra of the Twin Cities, because I may be a terrible person. Let's make it happen, Timberwolves.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger thisisbeth said...

By "resident Timberwolves expert" he means, "she follows their win-loss record, but can't name a single player on the team." I think there's a guy named Love who may or may not have come from the trade of Kevin Garnett. Beyond that, you got me. (Unless Mark Madsen is still on the team, and assuming I got his name right.)

7:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home