Saturday, April 25, 2009

Pick #23 - Baltimore Ravens - Michael Oher, OT, Ole Miss

The Patriots went ahead and traded out of their pick. I didn't really expect them to hang around there. Who would they have picked? Do they have any weaknesses to patch with a first round pick? Not really. So the Ravens went ahead and finally picked Michael Oher, who I finally am sure is the last player out of the green room.
After everyone telling us about how great Oher's story is, coming off the streets of Memphis, adopted, then given the opportunity to play football, I was sort of sick of hearing about him. After seeing him interviewed though.... well, Steve Young said it the best "That was a top 5 interview". First, he was both nervous to talk to Erin Andrews, and second, he was visibly emotional. "I would have been happy going in the 7th round." Great scene. First person I'm legitimately happy to see get selected.

Song: America - Horse With No Name

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home