Tuesday, February 03, 2009

I have a problem


Gambling is typically a ruinous endeavor that typically falls under the category of "vice". Across the board, people will tell you gambling, like with sports betting, is "bad". I would generally agree. Except when it's awesome. Let me introduce you to Cent Sports, a free, legal sports betting site. Odds are, unless you are a truly gifted gambler, you will never see a dime from this adventure. Of course, you never have to pay a dime either. Everyone wins!
Cent Sports makes their money off of advertising, and it gives you free loose change to gamble with. You start with a dime, provided by Cent Sports, and should you ever drop below the dime, they will give you a new one. If you ever win enough (20 dollars) you can cash out, but that's damn near impossible, frankly. I have one friend who is at $1.98, and he's had an amazing run so far.
Anyways, I am not here to promote Cent Sports (though if you do sign up, be sure to add me as a friend!). I am here to admit that I spend way too much time on it. Last night, I wagered 5 cents on a lightweight boxing match from Japan between Takeharo Shimada and Jose Alfaro. I know nothing about boxing. In fact, the internet apparently knows nothing of Takeharo Shimada. I don't know what happens. I've been frantically looking for results to the Shimada-Alfaro bout. Again, I bet $.05 on it. I've parlayed tennis with second flight British Soccer. I've bet several times on the Sun Belt conference. I can't stop. I can't stop gambling.
And it's awesome. I haven't lost any money, even though I'm terrible at it. I'm trying to find out more abnout all these other sports I would otherwise be uninterested in, like the NBA, Argentine Soccer or, of course, boxing matches from Japan that are apparently phantoms.
So yeah, if you know who won the Shimada-Alfaro bout, could you let me know?

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I could not find any results on that fight. I think it may not exist, or it just didn't happen yet, I don't know. I tried to be the one to find the results, but nothing! Sorry bud, I tried!

10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home