Sunday, October 05, 2008

Ryan's Random Road tRips (c)

As you may recall, every year I take a couple trips to watch some sort of sporting event. Failing that, I will at least go out of my way to keep tabs on the game via the internet or, you know, something. Two years ago, when I got this party started, the games I monitored (since I couldn't attend) were a basketball tilt between Valparaiso and Missouri-Kansas City and a grudge match (not really) featuring St. Bonaventure and Temple. I didn't get a chance to attend, because it was mostly a hairbrained scheme that wasn't really all that well thought out.
This year, I put a little more thought into things, and I actually made it to my games, both, again, basketball. This February, I went to Monroe, Louisiana for a game between Denver and Louisiana-Monroe, and in March, I drove to Montgomery, Alabama for a the regular season finale for both teams, between Jackson State and Alabama State.
Well, it's that time again, and it was time to pick my games for 2009. As it stands, I end up knowing about half the story. I'll explain in a moment. The first team that I came up with was:
The University of Illinois-Chicago basketball team. The game that came up was the 10th of the season which will fall sometime in December next year. Were it any later, I would be going early next year, in this season. All very technical. This coming season, in case you were wondering, UIC plays at Toledo in game 10. The Flames are a Horizon league team, not that it matters, because game 10 will undoubtedly be a non conference tilt.
The second team that came up was:
the Arkansas State football team. Yes! It took 6 tries, but I'm going to a football game! I will be attending the 11th game of the season for the Red Wolves. This year, that would have pit them against North Texas. Usually, you could just switch the home/away for the teams, (which would mean my game is going to be North Texas at Arkansas State), however with Western Kentucky joining the Sun Belt for football next year, that may stir the pot. Oh, and by the way, the Red Wolves will be playing at Louisiana-Monroe next year. How odd would that be?
As always, I'll keep you updated when I learn anything new!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home