Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Free Agent Frenzy

I find roster management in the NHL to be fascinating. Things aren't going well? Make a 7 player trade to shake things up. July 1st? Sign 14 players and take a look at the next season. Chemistry in this sport is crazy.
To catch you up with the Wild, the team of record here at the Times, the rights to Brian Rolston have been traded to the Lightning, and it looks as though he won't sign there. Maybe the Wings. Pavol Demitra, not finding enough other Pavols in Minnesota, is out, perhaps to Vancouver. With the cap space that clears out, the Wild are looking to make a splash, but the free agent market sort of sucks. There's Marian Hossa, who people seem to think the Wild should pursue, but in all reality, they'll probably reacquire Andrew Brunette and call it a day.
But you know what? The NHL is crazy. Anything could happen, anyone could sign anywhere. In fact, I'm skating for the Panthers tomorrow. I'm not very good, but that could net me a 1.2 million dollar contract there anyways.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger thisisbeth said...

If you get that contract from the Panthers, I think you owe Steve and I 1% of your salary, because, um...I'll think of a reason when you get the contract.

And as long as Mikko Koivu stays with the Wild, and Gaby and Pierre-Marc Bouchard, we'll call it good.

8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home