Sunday, June 29, 2008

MY WISH: An end to the SportsCenter My Wish segments

Steve (you remember Steve?) and were chatting on the interwebs today, and Sports Center came on. The following conversation ensued.

Steve :Oh, it's the start of "My Wish". Time to stop watching Sportscenter for however long this lasts.

Ryan: Yep. I was going to say that this sounds like the month Ryan doesn't watch SportsCenter.

Steve: I hate this snizzle-snazzle*. I think it's nice ESPN does it, but I watch Sportscenter for highlights, not Outside the Lines crap**.

Ryan: It's not even Outside the Lines. They should make it an ESPN-Oxygen special.

Steve: They should. They even play a Rascal Flatts song. You should write into them. Maybe you can get, like, Nick Punto to visit you to send them a message.


So yeah. ESPN? You aren't drawing in viewers with your charitable actions, just driving long time viewers away. Sure, it's great you are helping out, like, 6 kids (out of millions, by the way) but come on. Make it stop.

PS: Next week, Nick Punto of the Minnesota Twins visits Little Ryan in Victoria, who is afflicted with terminal apathy. Can Nick make Ryan give a snizzle-snazzle *?

* Steve did not actually say "snizzle-snazzle". I totally did.
** Steve DID say crap.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home