Saturday, June 21, 2008

Holy crap! Cito Gaston!



At long last, more than 10 years after he was let go by the Blue Jays, Cito Gaston is back. I'm not sure exactly what he was doing in those 10 years, although I suspect chief mustache consultant on Super Troopers was one of his finer roles. Cito had an important role in my life, as the villainous manager in the opposing dugout as the Twins marched past the Blue Jays on their eventual trip to the World Series. Forgive me if I feel a bit nostalgic, and mostly, hopeful. I would love to see the Jays at the top of the game and frankly, I would love this to lead to more action along these lines.
- The Twins, 5 games out of the AL Central, bring back Tom Kelly.
- Experiencing lagging sales, J.C. Penny begins to sell Zubaz.
- With network ratings down, NBC plugs Cheers back into their lineup.
- Teal becomes a popular color for sports teams again.
- Ase of Base releases another hit record.
- Tecmo Bowl becomes a popular video game.
- Movies about dinosaurs are released by the dozens.

As you can see, I'm really excited about the hire. I'm going to go contemplate the ramifications of this hire with an OK Soda.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger thisisbeth said...

Anything but teal.

Also, I own an Ace of Base album. More proof that my taste in music is incredibly bad--or random.

8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home