Monday, May 12, 2008

For Mother's Day, I'm talking about clothes.

Everyone knows all about golfers and their apparel. Jesper Parnevik is famous at this point for his insane get-ups and the late Payne Stewart was heralded for his 1800's area trousers. I don't particularly understand this, given that you can find nice khaki's and sharp polos at any clubhouse or golf shop you go to. Why the need to stand out? Perhaps it's because PGA fashion sense is so bad that people like Parnevik and Stewart need to go above an beyond, just to make a mockery of the other stooges on tour. The Players Championship was played on Sunday, with the respectably dressed Sergio Garcia winning the tournament. The PGA website has a photo gallery of the event, and, frankly, I shouldn't the fashion guy, but wow. Even I know to make fun of a sport that not only has it's competitors wearing mock turtlenecks, but short sleeved mock turtlenecks, as was seen on runner up Paul Goydos.

And then there was third place finisher Jeff Quinney. I don't have a problem with the pink shirt, since it's mothers day and all, but, well, is that a Phoenix Coyotes logo on there? For shame. But hey, a third place finish is one any 'Yotes fan should be proud of.

I may not be able to hit the ball straight or put or marry Swedish models, at least I can dress myself without looking like a complete douche. And yes, this was a blatant attempt to get another "apparel" tag.

More photos available here.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home