Saturday, March 29, 2008

The original sports blog

I was looking for a little bit of inspiration today, maybe get an idea for a post or something. Most people would go poking around Deadspin or The Big Lead or the Fanhouse. Perhaps they would check out a blog for their favorites sports or teams or something. Not me. I wanted to check out what has to be the first blog ever dedicated to sports.
Naturally, it's titled "sports.blogspot.com." I was underwhelmed. The author, the mysterious brannonb appears to be a youth, or, at the very least, unfamiliar with the English language. At least, however, he is writing about the subject matter he is familiar with.

You should play baseball it is the funiest sport!I know cause i played it before i played short-stop! I made 1 home run that was my favorite time!I one time i got hit by a baseball on my arm that really hert!Well thats all i got to say

See? He made (hit?) one homerun! And he played short-stop! And anyone who has been involved in a baseball game knows, it can really... hert... to get hit with a baseball. Hold on. Played shortstop, one home run, doesn't really speak the language... Cristian? Cristian Guzman, is that you? That would explain why you misspelled your own name in the salutation.
The real fun comes in the comments though. There is a lot of love for brannonb, apparently because its quite an accomplishment to set up a site as exhilarating as sports.blogspot.com. There was one naysayer though.
Who the [explative] would go to a [homosexual] [butt] blogger site to read about sports. You losers are like 10 year olds who don't know anything about sports and watch like one game a week. [website redacted] acctually has experienced writers who know [expletive] and it has interviews with real athletes like Mike Utley who played with Barry Sanders on the Lions and and Larry Csonka interview is scheduled for January.
A) Steve played gym class basketball with Dwyane Wade when they were in high school together. This must mean Steve is a real athlete. (Having seen him played, you could have fooled me).
B) I think Larry Csonka talks to anyone that will listen.
C) Who WOULD come to a [homosexual] [butt] blogger site to read about sports? Wait. Awwww. I guess I'm just going to go weep softly in the corner then.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home