Monday, March 31, 2008

IU searches for a coach



As someone who has hated the Indiana Hoosiers for their entire life, I have to say I'm enjoying their current plight. The University of Minnesota was mired in its own academic scandal that cropped up thanks to players like the owner of the worst mustache in history, Miles Tarver (who would have thought that someone this low functioning could bring down a program?). (Note that I just used three, now four straight punctuation marks, and did so correctly.) In that sense, I'm glad to see Indiana soon to be on the losing end of a recruiting scandal. Finally, IU will be below the Gophers, where they ought to be.
On the other hand, I want Indiana to be a little good. You know, just so much that they are competitive every year and see hope. Then I want Purdue to kick them in the soul, and see Minnesota spit on their will to compete. It's no fun rooting against a miserable team. If it was, I might give two craps about the IU football team. That means that they need to get a decent head coach. Someone who can guide their ship out of the murky waters that Kelvin Sampson led them into. Someone squeaky clean, poised and knowledgeable.
Pretty much anyone but Isiah Thomas. But it's cute to think that he could be considered.
My favorite parts of this article were when he said the 4-7 Dan Dakich had done a good job this season after Sampson left. Well, thats a better winning percentage than the Knicks. The other was when he said that his unhappy players should say they were unhappy to the media. It would certainly be challenging to against the Hoosiers if Thomas joined the team, because I don't like to cheer against someone who should probably be in the special Olympics. (Which is why I'm still a Gophers fan, despite Miles Tarver)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home