Tuesday, January 24, 2006

A few things on a sleepy Tuesday morning

  • Mario Lemieux is retiring, and this time, probably for good. He's watched his franchise crumble, and I don't see him sticking around to watch the Penguins continue to fall apart. I really don't see Super Mario being a public figure much anymore, in any regard.
  • I thought the article in the most recent ESPN magazine about Cuban baseball was fascinating. How good could their players be if the country's athletic prowess hadn't been limited by Castro? And if Cuba had never had the Revolution, don't you think we would talk about Major League teams in Havana instead of Mexico City? There's a lot to think about there, even if it's just from a sports standpoint.
  • I know Kobe Bryant scored 81 points. I don't care.
  • I've said it before and I'll say it again. This TV season is one of the best for new shows in an extremely long time. How I Met Your Mother, The Office, My Name is Earl, Criminal Minds... ABC is going to have to do quite a bit to get back in my viewing life, especially now that they no longer have Monday Night Football on their network.

That's going to be it for now. Later on, dudes - Ryan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home