Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Ice fishing is dumb


I don't care for ice fishing. My dad took us when I was young and didn't let us warm up in the car or in ice houses. He had us sit on buckets in the middle of Lake Minnetonka, watching out line. I don't remember ever catching a fish (though if I did, no thank you. I don't care for freshwater fish). All I remember was being cold and miserable.
I can't imagine, then, these people. 2000 people on a lake for 3 hours, and not a single damn person catches a fish. That sounds like the most ice fishing thing I have ever heard. The good news is, organizers donated all the money to local charities since nobody won the damn thing.
I would say better luck next year, but I believe that "better luck" would mean a move to a warmer climate, not increased success standing on a frozen lake, exposed to the elements just waiting for something to happen.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home