Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Cooking with Ryan: orange glazed chicken

That's a pretty solid look at the state of my kitchen, is it not? Well, if you couldn't tell, that's a chicken breast, glazed in an orange marmalade sauce (you can see the orange marmalade in the background!) laid on some rice with a green bean/vegetable salad. This is the first recipe that I can say that the problem was with the recipe, and not with me (thouhh the chicken was a little overcooked. Oops).
The problem was that it was way too, I don't know, similar. It was a full meal recipe, so the green bean salad was designed to go with the chicken. The chicken was orange glazed, like I said, which meant citrus. The vegetables were also covered in an orange and lime juice sauce, which was more citrus. And then the red onions are a strong flavor, that doesn't exactly run counter to citrus. There was rice, sure, but overall, it could have done well with something a little salty, I think.
Listen to me, all food critic and what not.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home