Saturday, September 25, 2010

Cooking with Ryan; Salmon with cilantro vinaigrette

Holy crap. I made something that was absolutely phenomenal. The only thing that I took issue with was my fear of undercooked fish. The salmon was probably fine, and it tasted extraordinary, but I felt weird eating it, since I wasn't 100% sure it was totally cooked. I'm a big baby. It was a sockeye fillet that was very juicy, and the extra moisture in the fish made me skittish. I'm still not an expert chef.
It was basted in the aforementioned cilantro vinaigrette, which afforded me an opportunity to use my blender for something other than milkshakes and margaritas. That went well. I accidentally grabbed mozzarella instead of Parmesan, but I don't think that was a huge difference when it was on the fish. Unlike the last fillet of salmon I made, this one was very flavorful, even on it's own. I mean, I think I want to order salmon the next time I go out to eat I enjoyed it this much. And that would be made by a professional chef, so they would theoretically know it was cooked.
Now let me talk about what I had going on under the fillet. You had better believe that was penne and broccoli. The broccoli was steamed with a bunch of seasoning and some lemon juice and turned out great. I had never had broccoli quite like that before, and it was quite delicious. And, well, I love noodles. So the penne was good. EVERYTHING worked out with this meal, aside, of course, from my own misgivings about the fish, but it all tasted very good.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home