Thursday, October 29, 2009

The Victoria Times: Not from Canada

Sorry for not posting yesterday. It was a busy day for me outside of the typical sports world. I'm as shocked as anyone. Anyways, I just wanted to point something out. The Victoria Times is not from Canada. Two of the writers here are from Minnesota, which is close to Canada, but not actually in Canada.
Now, why would anyone think that we are blogging from the wilds of Canada? I'm glad you asked. Yesterday, Deadspin linked to my post on Ross Rebagliati, who is running for Canadian Parliament. This is taking place in British Columbia. Last football season, we got a lot of mileage out of our post on Oregon football the last couple of years. Oregon, and their rival Washington, are awful close to BC. The capital of British Columbia, and a town that is awfully close to the Pacific Northwest is Victoria. It doesn't help that the local newspaper is the Victoria Times-Colonist. Add to that my other gig at a hockey blog and you can see where there is confusion. But once and for all, let me put it out there. The Victoria Times is not from Canada.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

Hey, to balance it out, at least your 3rd writer lives pretty damn close to Mexico.

2:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home