Saturday, January 17, 2009

Jake Picks the Winners

Who is Jake? Is he a new writer on the Times? Actually, he is my 8 week-old golden retriever puppy that we picked up last Saturday. When we got home with him, the Ravens-Titans game was on and he seemed to stop and stare whenever Joe Flacco was on TV for some reason. Maybe he knows they are both young or something.... Anyways, I have these little plastic mini NFL helmets so I decided to go with the very scientific method of letting Jake pick the winners of the conference championship games and the Super Bowl by seeing which helmet he ran to and licked first. So here's how it went...

Ravens vs. Steelers - Jake walked up, looked at both helmets for a split second, then decided to lick the Ravens helmet. Jake's pick: Ravens in a close one

Eagles vs. Cardinals - I thought Jake might have a preference for his home state's team, especially with a tasty red bird on the helmet. But he completely ignored the Cardinals helmet and darted straight towards the Eagles. Jake's pick: Eagles in a blowout

Super Bowl: Ravens vs. Eagles - Since he picked both of these helmets once each, I had no idea how this would go, but he stayed true to the first team he saw on TV and went towards the Ravens helmet. Jake's pick: Ravens

So there we have it. I'm curious to see how his picks go, since they line up exactly with my much more scientific power ranks. If he does well, I'll be sure to see what he thinks before I head up to Vegas next time.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home