Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Why I hate country music

They have been playing a lot of country at work lately, and I haven't fully expressed my disdain for this as I would have liked there, and really, for the world, I figured I would go ahead and lay out the three primary reasons I do not like this particular brand of music.

- It is driven by singing and lyrics. Most other genres have an element of instrumentation, either performed or synthesized. I don't know that I can think of one good country guitar riff, just pained, bellowing singing with a not so subtle accent.

- There hasn't been anything revolutionary over the course of the past 10 years. Country just seems to have a sameness to it. Hip hop, Rock, Pop all of this sounds different than it did 10 years ago. Country? Not so much.

- I don't like fiddles.

So, to tie this into sports, at the top is the logo for the Stetson University Hatters, and also, my prediction for the World Series: Philly in 6.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home