Thursday, September 18, 2008

The Fantasy Football Superfecta


For anyone who is having a bad start to their fantasy football season, I assure you, it can't even compare to mine. I started the draft, nabbing a quarterback, the best available in one Tom Brady. We all know what happened to him. Thanks Bernard Pollard!
This league was a 14 team league, so there wasn't a whole lot available by the time we were drafting our second quarterbacks of the draft. I got in there and nabbed Vince Young as my back up. He's usually good for one or two games a year where he just lights up the opposition. If you time it right, he can really pay off. I've learned that in previous seasons. Of course, this only works if he ever plays football again.
Like I said, this was a 14 team league, which left me with few options. I picked up Joe Flacco and Jamarcus Russell, opting against Kyle Orton and Chad Pennington, because Kyle Orton pretty much ruined college for me, and I have a stronger arm than Pennington. I still wanted a QB that was a little bit more high scoring than that, so I put it out there that I needed a QB, any QB that played professional football regularly. The only person to bite was the guy with Tarvaris Jackson.
Against the Texans, I opted to start Joe Flacco, particularly since the trade hadn't quite gone through yet. Then this happened. That's right, I couldn't start my quarterback because of a freaking hurricane. And it was my third quarterback, no less. I swapped in Russell Saturday night, and went off to the Colts-Vikings game.
At the game, I caught an atrocious performance from T-Jack, all while Anthony Gonzalez, third receiver for the Colts, tore up the Vikings D. I came home to find that the trade had gone through on Sunday morning, and I hadn't in fact, played Russell, but had instead left the QB spot empty. Worse still, I had traded Gonzalez along with Russell in the trade that brought Jackson to my team.
And just today, we all found out that Jackson has been benched. For the season.
And in case you were wondering, my running backs are Larry Johnson and Ronnie Brown, so it doesn't get any better there either.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger thisisbeth said...

I'm pretty sure my fantasy team finished not-quite-last in the league last year with Chad Pennington as my quarterback.

My team is 2-0-0 this year! And I have no idea what I'm doing, proving that sometimes luck is better than skill!

8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home