Thursday, June 05, 2008

Finally, I can rid myself of this stench


I said going into the Stanley Cup Finals that, because of what the Penguins had done to the North Stars 17 years ago, and because I expect the Pens to float around and piss me off for the next decade, I was going to be rooting for the Red Wings. I HATE the Red Wings. I really can't think of anything more detestable than what I did.
Sure, I could, say, pull for the Yankees to beat the Red Sox in a playoff series, because Boston is getting a bit too uppity, but hopefully that situation won't present itself. I could theoretically see myself rooting for the Jags to beat the Patriots for similar reasons, but frankly, I don't harbor any sort of resentment for the Jaguars, because they can't and probably won't win big games (It would just be nice if they didn't cripple Colts). I've pulled for ALL Big Ten teams in Bowl games, and 10/11 Big Ten teams in the Big Dance. I can't bring myself to root for Indiana, no matter who they play. I'd root for the Irish in a contest between those two schools.
All that was to say, I can't believe I stuck with the Red Wings through the whole series. I feel dirty for doing that. But at long last the series is over, the Red Wings win and more importantly, the Penguins lose. While Beth posts later this morning, I'll be showering 17 times. Can't...get.....clean......

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger thisisbeth said...

As Lady MacBeth said, "Out, out, damn spot!" Or something like that. I never read the play, and the performance I watched was...weird.

7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home