Monday, June 25, 2007

I'm really, truly sorry if I've offended you.

OK. I've done it. I reformatted the sidebar. I'm pretty full of myself right now. Let's see if I can't crank out a thoroughly awesome week in review, and maybe get some people to start commenting again (I'm looking at you Beth). Where did you all go anyways? Was it something I said?

ITEM ONE: The Twins may have been dealt a terrible setback with the injury to Justin Morneau. The middle of the lineup hasn't suffered yet, but that may be because we haven't faced any good pitchers the past two days, and we've added Johan Santana to the lineup (That triple yesterday automatically makes him a better hitter than about 3 guys in the every day lineup), but if morneau is out for any length of time, I expect there to be problems. It's much like what happened when Torii Hunter mangled his ankle in Boston a couple years ago. We'll be in one heck of a conundrum. As much as we Twins fans worship Joe Mauer, it's very clear that this year, Morneau is the motor that makes the Twins car go.
But let's step past that for a second, and think like Morneau. If he had to get injured, what a freaking awesome injury. It sounds horrifying, and he can go to buddy Nick Schultz and brag about how he was coughing up blood, but no, he didn't go on the DL, because Justin Morneau is a hockey player! Baseball player! Whatever! Morneau is tough, and bleeding internally. Let's forget that he was taken down by someone whose name in Spanish means "Michael Olive Tree". But hey! Olive trees are strong! (Worst. Photoshop. Ever.)

ITEM TWO: I'm not going to lie to you, I can't wait for Transformers to come out. It was my favorite cartoon growing up (my brother was mimicking transforming sounds before he could talk, and it was MY FAULT. It's the last time I ever rubbed off on him) and I've long enjoyed Shia LeBeauf, even if I'm fairly sure I can't spell his name. In any case, I'm terribly excited about seeing my childhood reduced to a two hour movie by Michael Bay.

ITEM THREE: I'm going to sneak this in hear, on item three and hope it goes unnoticed. Mark McGwire, Sammy Sosa and especially Barry Bonds should be in the Hall of Fame when their time comes. It's the Hall of Fame, not the Hall of People Everybody Likes (HOPEL?), and like it or not, Bonds, with or without steroids would likely have had stats to get him in, and Sammy Sosa, you may forget, was a premier player without the homers as well. McGwire, maybe, wasn't anything beyond a slugger, however, he DID help baseball recover from the strike in 94.

ITEM FOUR: I played tennis in High School and still love the game (I have problems with stress fractures and can't play as much anymore, but on the plus side, no jogging either!), and with Wimbledon starting today, I feel as though I should mention it. The thing is, with the way tennis is, there isn't much to say. Roger Federer is really, really good. And I feel like it's tough to mention the womens game, because it frequently degenerates to stuff like Ana Ivonivic is soooo hot. While true, what does that tell us about the sport? Oh right. It tells us how they get people to watch. In any case, I've got Federer and Henin winning it.

That's it. COMMENT.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

But I don't want to comment!

Damn.

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home