Monday, April 02, 2007

Just a Guy in a Suit.

It's opening day for baseball, and I have an appointment in an hour and a half that requires me to wear a suit, so I'm going to be as brief as possible this week.

ITEM ONE: I can't believe I had neglected this last week, but the Gophers hired Tubby Smith to coach the basketball team. Tubby Freakin' Smith! It brings instant credibility to the team tht has lacked it for so long, and assures recruits that Minnesota is serious about basketball. It's just a matter of time before the squad is competetive again, and Tubby comes to a school that just doesn't want to play on the first day of the Conference tournament.

ITEM TWO: So, anyways. Baseball! There isn't much to say about the season yet, except to express continuing sadness at the passing of Herb Carneal. This may be the toughest loss for the Twins of their three terrible losses in the past three years. We still hear Bob Casey in prerecorded announcements at the games, Kirby Puckett had been a recluse for the past several years, but Herb was still the all knowing voice at Twins games. He will be missed.

ITEM THREE: Tonight is the NCAA men's basketball championship game. Florida versus Ohio State. I can't tell you how much I hate Florida. I think the game will be miserable, as games in domes often are, but it will be close throughout. I predict the Gators to win and Noah to annoy me with a stupid dance.

ITEM FOUR: I have to say, for a guy who has done nothing but bug me since he came into the league, Brent Burns is starting to grow on me. He used to be assured at least one terrible play in his own zone a game, but now, not only has he shored up his defense, his time as a wing has given him a keen puck sense that will be invaluable in the playoffs. Which the Wild are in, by the way.

ITEM FIVE: For my birthday this week, I am heading down to Chicago to catch the Twins play the White Sox, so, unfortunately, there will be no more posts for the rest of the week. Happy Easter, everyone!

1 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

Happy birthday and happy Easter!

4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home