Monday, January 29, 2007

Considerably Shorter.

Well, I certainly exhausted myself, and probably a reader or 7 with my Valpo-UMKC recap. I had a lot of fun with it, so screw you if you didn't. (Kidding! Please come back!) So, the moral of the story is, I'm going to keep this short, if not sweet. You deserve it.

ITEM ONE: If you are going to have an All-Star game on Versus, why have it at all? Seriously! NBC plays some hockey games on their network. How hard would it be to take a discount and show the game on a national network? It's not hard, NHL. Take care of some of these marketing tricks, because clearly, you aren't getting any help from the American media. Also, move a couple teams back to Canada. Like, immediately. That's where the money is.

ITEM TWO: Just when I think there couldn't be a worse team than the Gophers, Penn State goes and plays at Williams Arena. The good news now is that the Gophers will be the 10 seed in the Big Ten tournament. Oh boy, Nittany Lions, where is Jan Jagla when you need him?

ITEM THREE: OK, back to hockey. I think the Wild will make the playoffs as a 6 seed. Really, I do. They have all the right parts there, and if they just get healthy, the Wild can put together a good enough streak to move up in the rankings. Also, they need to find another blueliner. But hey, the division is tight, and they've shown they are the streakiest, so here's hoping for a winning streak.

ITEM FOUR: RIP Barbaro. I don't know, I feel kind of silly even writing this. Because, you know, he was a horse.

ITEM FIVE: I noticed while watching the Purdue-Illinois game over the weekend that the Boilermakers repainted their floor. So THATS why they're undefeated at home.

ITEM SIX: Is tennis interesting? How can people watch the same person win every tournament? At least sometimes Tiger Woods doesn't win.

Ok, next week, I'll start up with baseball banter again. Promise.

2 Comments:

Blogger thisisbeth said...

In regards to Item Six: Um, so who does win tennis every time? Seriously, I have no idea who the tennis star of the day is.

Mikko Koivu!

9:15 AM  
Blogger Ryan said...

No... Roger Federer

9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home